Monday, April 8, 2013

Mortgage, bills, fees OH MY..

Like every morning I have my normal routine, which starts off by waking up, let the dogs out, then feed them, then go check my 10-14 emails I get throughout the night while I'm sleeping, mostly always junk mail and today 3 bills...
So before I forget to pay them I sit down at my computer and start punching in numbers and sending my payments: 

Verizon bill- check

Peco bill- check

Student loan- check

Ugh every time I pay my student loan I think to myself, it's got to be close to $10,000 I still owe by now.  Nope, very wrong, still about $13,500..
I swear I put money in and it never goes down, that's how I honestly feel.  THAT'S when I turn to Harry and ask him to help me brainstorm where can we save money. I mean once or twice a month, at least, I'm trying to figure out ways to lessen our bills and every time I just feel like I'm paying more. 
Yeaaah... I know rates go up, bill amounts go up, property taxes increase.. but seriously and all at the same time!?! It's just so frustrating to know that pretty much both of your income combined per month all goes to payments and then left with maybe $100.00 at the end of the month. Anyone else in the same boat?

Currently I'm trying to find information on consolidating my student loan to try and get a lower fixed rate, but that's not going all that well. Trying to refinance our mortgage isn't sweet as pie either...

My husband will call me "a Jew at heart" aka frugal, I always thought myself to be a saver and not a spender. The more and more I think about it, I really am very frugal (which I've learned isn't always a bad thing, I mean SOMEONE has to save money, unlike Harry whose a spender)

Maybe we will win the lottery and not have to worry about any of these....IF ONLY

No comments:

Post a Comment