Monday, April 15, 2013

Finders Keepers, person who threw it out wishes it was now theirs...

Over the weekend while walking a dog, I walked by someone's recycling bin that had 2 decent sizes plastic/ ceramic looking flower pots. I kept walking and thinking to myself "is it worth taking those home since I have no flowers pots?" . After putting the dog back in the house, I got into my car and drove up to the recycling. I sat there for a second and said what the hell if its crap then I'll recycle it myself.  Recycle and I'll reuse.


Before

  I went to a local hardware store and brought myself some spray paint. Now that was the difficult part; trying to decide what color I want to spray paint this pot. I mean there are so many different colors, textures, etc. and I have to choose ONE!?  Well I did I went with Smoke Gray:

I wiped the outside of the pot off with a paper towel before spray painting it, I didn't want clumps of dirt under the paint, that wouldn't look so nice. After about 5 minutes of spray painting both, I let them both air dry for a while and this was the final results:




I must say I think it looks pretty darn good! Now I need to find some flowers or plants to put into my pots and I'm going to sit them outside my front door on the porch! PERFECT! I love D.I.Y's!





 

Now if you're like me I'm pretty messy when it comes to anything so I had spray paint all over my hands.  Nail Polish Remover! That's the key to getting it off your skin!  I  have another DIY in mind be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment