Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Seriously need motivation to work out

We all want to get into shape, be toned, loose weight, look good, etc. Throughout my day I am constantly thinking about how I need to get to the gym or do Insanity DVD workouts or complex's. Mind you, I HAVE a gym membership I pay $20.00 a month for, I HAVE the insanity DVD's that I borrowed from a friend who isn't using them right now and I HAVE a small weight room/rack in our basement, my husband lifts weights 6 days a week.
Does anyone else see a problem here?? I have all these options to work out yet for the life of me can not get myself motivated enough. Instead I get pissed off at myself for not having the motivation or the will power to make myself just do it! At least twice a month this is what happens:

  • I Feel bad about myself and how I want to look better and toned up. I go to the gym for 45 minutes or so in the morning Monday- Tuesday- Wednesday and then maybe Friday and then maybe next Wednesday, then not at all. 
  • I start the insanity DVD workouts, because hey I'm already at home and I can just go in the basement to do them. Problem is I actually feel embarrassed doing it in front of my husband...I'm not embarrassed about anything with him, but for some reason this DVD workout makes you look funny, I can see myself in the giant mirror in the basement and it ain't pretty haha. 
    • Problem 1: the only time I have time to work out is when I'm done work (somewhere between 4:45-7:00pm) Harry works out when he gets home at 5:00pm and I help spot him.  His work outs are ~45 mins, which means then I am down there for another 40 mins to do this DVD for myself. So then I'm in the weight room for 85 mins?! no thank you.      {see this is how i think}
    • Problem 2: I'm honestly just to tired to do it, all I want to do when I get home from work which consists of driving ~100 mi./day and walking 10-13 (+/-) dogs a day.... I want my feed rubbed and I just want to lay on the couch.  
    • Problem 3: I am an early bird getting up at 6:45/7am and normally start work 7/7:30 most days--depends on clients we have that day-- but there is no way in heck i'm getting up before 6am to work out. I need to know I won't be rushed trying to get to work on time. 
    • Problem 4: I like the work outs to be short and fast and done quick, who wouldn't (ex: barbel complex's, Tabatas, etc)
As you can see I list all of the things that keep me from doing it and quiet honestly they are pathetic. I want to teach myself to want this, but I don't know how to besides forcing myself to do it. Is that how you get the routine down?   I think some of my issue is the fact that I get off work at random hours. Sometimes I'll be done at 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 7:00pm and the later it gets the less I will work out.

I really gotta start coming up with a plan and SERIOUSLY START STICKING TO IT... no funny business!!   I'm thinking I'll do a count down, which might make it fun. Harry and I have a wedding to go to in San Diego for his cousin's wedding....JUNE 1st ...T-minus 7 weeks.... Holy crap that's so soon... better get started... TOMORROW!  

No comments:

Post a Comment