Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Rough Travel Home, Dog Approved Treats and A Birdies New Home

After a long day of flying back from San Diego yesterday it didn't all go as smoothly as we expected:
  1.  We were on 2 planes 
  2. Had my boarding ticket in my hand, which come to find out I was holding the wrong one, I couldn't find the right one, and they had to print me out a new one (as I hold up the line....)
  3. Upon boarding the 2nd plane I some how managed to drop my license having it fall through the crack between the plane itself and the attachable jetway (I had to get the co-pilot to get it for me...)
  4. We got back home at 2 A.M. this morning 
  5. And our luggage was lost somewhere during our lay over in Houston, Texas...     
...currently still awaiting the arrival of our suitcase, thankfully it wasn't lost while we were in San Diego. Poor Harry only got about 4 hours of sleep this morning before he had to get up for work.

My plans for today were slightly ruined since most of the day consisted of dirty vacation-trip laundry, folding and putting it away. Not entirely that upset though. Instead I have decided to make homemade doggie treats!!
I started out with a very simple recipe just to make sure my dogs approved of the flavor:

2 Cups Wheat Flour  ~ I used all purpose flour- I didn't have wheat in the house 1 Cup Oats
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter  ~ I used more like 1/4 cup- maybe even a little more
1 1/4 Cup Hot Water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the flour and oats. 
Slowly begin adding the Peanut butter and the Water. 
Once kneaded and blended together into a ball of dough, put onto a flat surface and roll it out.   
<< Can be done by hand or Kitchen Aid mixer, which is faster>>
I used cookie cutters just to make it more fun, but you can also just put it all onto a baking sheet, bake it and then break it up when its all done cooking.
Bake for about 30 minutes.

 Not only do my pups approve of their new treats, but I recently found a birds nest in a tin container in our garage. I originally thought I had scared her away a few days ago when I opened the door. Since each time I walked into the garage it look as though she had not come back. But sure enough, I looked today and noticed 4 small eggs!! 
Mama bird has approved of laying her eggs in our garage and has made a damn good nest too! (3 pink and 1 blue egg) I'm pretty excited for little birdie babies  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment