Friday, June 7, 2013

What a rainy day..

After having a few days off from work and spending it on the opposite side of the country, trying to get back into the swing of things again is a little rough.  Having more than 2 days off from work I literally thought about being unemployed.  However that thought quickly got thrown out the window, no one now a days can even live comfortably being jobless until they are about 95 years old at the rate our generation is going.

My first day back to work mother nature had some rain in store for us, okay fine a little rain won't hurt anyone and personally I don't mind the rain. But no it wasn't a little rain today, it was a torrential down pour A.K.A. advisory flash flood warnings kinda rain in our area. This is one of the down sides to working outside. The pets still need to go out to go to the bathroom, so there is no bailing out of this one. 

I do own an umbrella, however, my umbrella didn't feel like working at convenient times and when it decided it wanted to work I would be walking two dogs at once. Walking two dogs at once is already enough to handle, trying to add a third piece to the mix, like an umbrella, is a little difficult. I either need to grow a third arm when I need it or do what I always do and just suck it up and wear a soaked sweatshirt instead. 




So not only is it a rainy day physically, but mentally as well for me. Today I found out that my sunflowers that were growing SOO well are no longer sunflowers....they are now dud-flowers. Some dang rabbit or deer decided to eat the leaves right off the top of it, in which Harry has just informed me that once those leaves are gone, my flowers are doomed... {not happy about this right now} I don't know if its easier for me to start the sunflowers in a pot and then transfer them into the ground or just start them in the ground again and get a fence put up around them. 

Either way I will not be having any sunflowers coming up soon. I was really hoping these would work out since I can't stand looking at my neighbors ugly side door on his house 
* ANGRY!*


No comments:

Post a Comment