Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Green Thumb

Well it certainly has been a while since I have wrote on here... 

This past weekend a bunch of Harry's AGR brother's (Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity) from DVC [Delaware Valley College] helped do a lot of much needed yard labor and with all of their help finished in 5 hours in what would take me probably 3 days.

  • Fence repaired~ Check!   (now Mahone won't be able to dig underneath the fence to escape- damn the smart breeds!)
  • 2 dead bushes pulled out~ check! {now I can plant my flower garden!!}
  • Half of hot tub removed from yard~ Check!
  • Garden weeded~ Check! {now I can see my raspberries and strawberries}
  • Sticks cleaned up/ grass mowed/ trees trimmed (now i can see out of my driveway) ~ CHECK CHECK CHECK!
For the past few hours since I have woken up, on my 2nd cup of coffee, I've been trying to decide what type of flowers, design and what not I want to put into my new flower garden! Since we aren't made out of money and I can be quite crafty I want to do as many D.I.Y or use recycled things to create this garden. What I have come up with so far (if anyone has any better ideas please do share): 


How the "garden area" looks like before


1. wooden pallets to use as garden beds (make L shape Left along house and along fence in front)
2. Old door- repaint and decorate with vines/window box/ hanging plants, ect.
3. Sunflowers to block the fence to the neighbors yard on right side
4. DIY bird bath-  (old big bowl and a tree stump)
5. 2 Cinder blocks- use as a plant bed ??

Crap I just looked at the time, off to work I go in the down pour rain and thunder :/

No comments:

Post a Comment