Saturday, May 11, 2013

Flower Garden~ Stage 1

In between all of the rain yesterday and today I was able to get started on my flower garden project!...[along with planting and maintaining my veggie/fruit garden]

Like I mention to my mom the other day, I want to try to use all recycled materials to create this garden.

#1-  Door:
Now this door, I believe has been sitting on top of my hill (mainly to block the mean bull dog that drives my dogs crazy...) for about 3 years now since we have renovated our kitchen. So as you can imagine weather takes a toll on the paint and most of the paint was already peeled off. For the remainder of the dried paint I just scraped it off and then cleaned the doors surface.


#2- Wooden Pallets:
There are multiple different ways to use wooden pallets to plant plants. I originally was going to keep all of the rows intact in the pallets, Buuuut I decided against it, I want more planting space inside the pallet itself.















Next step~
     I want to take the deck board parts {the wooden board pieces I sawed off} and turn one of them into a window bed and attach it to the door right underneath the window. With the extra deck boards I think I'll turn them into beds as well... hopefully more projecting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment