Monday, May 13, 2013

Grow veggies, Grow!

Now I'm just playing the waiting game for the arrival of dirt and soil from Harry's work to make its way into our backyard. A few bushes were ripped out and have left giant sink holes and not to mention our ground is pretty uneven....Sooo until then the flower garden will have to be postponed until God knows when. In the mean time, however, I was able to plant a few things in the veggie garden yesterday instead! So far I have planted:
  • Broccoli
  • Potatoes
  • Peas
  • Green Beans
  • Watermellon
  • Red onions and yellow onions.   
(the raspberries and strawberries are taking over half my garden and trying to keep them under control is driving me insane! I just can't wait to eat them!!) 
Still need tomato plants, cucumbers, eggplant and carrots for sure and then I'll throw a few more random things in there. And by random, I've always wanted my own peach tree, lemon tree and have grape vines. I've been doing some on and off research about starting a lemon tree from a seed. With some of the information I have obtained I am going to attempt to start my very own lemon 'tree' this week from a few seeds and see what comes of it! I'll keep you posted on how things goes, hopefully I get positive results!!
   
Speaking of positive results I put a few sunflower seeds into the ground last week and they are really sprouting!!! So excited! I'm not sure which I am more excited about though, the fact that I'm going to have pretty flowers in my yard or the fact that they are going to be blocking the view to my neighbors ugly side of his house. Along with my sunflower seeds sprouting, I also planted a rose bush for the first time and it too is starting to grow !!  In the mean time since I'm unable to plant any flowers in the garden yet I bought a clematis flowering vine to get this garden started!





No comments:

Post a Comment