Sunday, May 19, 2013

Homemade Peach Ice Cream!

I love to bake and make any kind of dessert I can {especially when I am bored} The peaches I bought at the store a few days ago are way beyond mushy for my liking to just eat, unless I want to eat baby food mush. See this is what happens to the fruit and veggies we bring into our home sometimes. Harry and I just get so busy with work half the time that we forget about the fruits and vegetables that need to be eaten within a certain amount of days and they start going bad. Well I don't want to waste it.. hmmm what can I use these peaches for.... PEACH ICE CREAM!!

My brother and his girlfriend got Harry and I an ice cream maker for Christmas in 2012 and have yet to use it. Oh wait Harry used it once to make chocolate covered strawberry ice cream on Valentines Day/my birthday. (turned out pretty good I thought, but a little watery) Let's give it another shot!... 

Below are the ingredients needed:


1. Cuisinart  Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker 
2. Milk/cream/sugar mixture
3. Peaches purred 
4. Whole Milk
5. Lemon Juice
6. Vanilla Extract
7. Sugar
8. Both Mixture together- finished product
9. Heavy Cream   

 The following is the recipe I used to make it if you're interested in trying it, its good!!
Peach Ice Cream
Peel, pit and puree in a food processor:
2 lbs very ripe peaches [or mangoes/apricots/nectarines]
Pour into a medium bowl and stir in:
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
Refrigerate until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. 
Combine in a bowl and stir to dissolve sugar: 
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1/3 cup sugar

pour into an ice cream maker and freeze as directed. when the ice cream is almost frozen, add the fruit mixture      

ENJOY!!
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment